Popular

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Would You Like to Make Money Creating Cartoons

All of us have a talent and I can't think of anything better than making money from our God given talent. It's not like work because it is our talent and hopefully we enjoy doing it.

Cartoons are a wonderful part of our lives. They say every picture tells a story and cartoons are loved by all age groups from the young to the old. I still remember going to the cinema as a child to watch Bambi and to this day I still love cartoons and I am sure that you have your favorite cartoon character.

This article is not about making cartoons or how to draw cartoons. You can either do that already or you can't. Personally Walt Disney is one of my heroes, but I can't draw cartoons to save my life, but I love cartoons and I do make money from cartoons, but I use cartoons in a very special way.

I actually provide laser animation and use cartoons as my medium. I get the cartoonists and animators to draw everything and I get my programmers to program the animation to laser and then we project the finished results for our clients. I still get paid for working in an area that I love but I am not talented at because I don't actually do all the work myself.

If you love cartoons, you may want to look for similar ways to make money with your cartoons without having to do all the work yourself.

However if you have the artistic talent already, then you are one step ahead of us less talented people.

So once you have your cartoons, how can you make money from them?

Well first of all like all projects you need to have laser like focus and a specific direction in mind. It is no good saying I want to make money selling cartoons, but I don't know what to do. You simply will not succeed. So first thing you need to do is to decide what area of cartooning you want to work in.

There are so many different ways to make money from cartooning, but let us look at the internet.

The first thing I recommend is that you start a blog so that people can find you. Now there are many mentors you can find who can show you how to start your own blog properly. If you don't do it properly, it simply won't work well. So find out how to start your blog and then get writing and create your blog if you don't have one. Once you have your blog, you can have AdSense running on your pages and other advertising.

You can sell your own pictures or you can become an affiliate seller for other people and services such as Amazon and other websites. You can upload videos as well to make it even more attractive. So just with a blog, you can have 5 or 6 different ways to become a money maker.

Also with a blog, you become an authority on the subject. People will perceive you as an expert and once you start joining the social websites and forums they will get to know you as the obvious expert.

Very important when it comes to selling product.

Greeting cards and holidays

Once you have your blog, you may want to start designing and selling greeting cards. Virtually every day there is some kind of celebration happening from New Years Day to birthdays, to father's day, to

Halloween, to Christmas and so on and on and you can make money selling cards. Again once you subscribe to forums you will have more exposure to be able to sell.

Cartoon advertising

Another area of business that you may want to consider is advertising with cartoons. Advark Animation became very popular because they produced adverts originally for clients based in England and now they have a worldwide following of some of the most incredible animated movies around. But it all started with cartoon advertising.

Selling public domain

One of my hobbies is public domain. I just love it. There are millions of cartoons and photos that you can use to make your own collections.

Best of all you do not have to be able to draw. So this is an opportunity for us who have no artistic talent. It is legal and it is huge. You can use the art for calendars, books, pictures in fact any area of business you want and there are hundreds of websites to help you do it as well like cafepress.

Newspapers

Newspapers are always looking for new content. Content sells papers and cartoons have always been used in newspapers both for kids and adults alike. You may want to approach your local newspaper to see what opportunities there are, even if you have to do some work for free first to get started. In the end it will be worth it.

For those of you who don't know, I am also a wealth creation coach.

Many of my students have dreams and one of the things I get them to do is to write out there dream so that when they or someone else reads it, they can see it in their heads. How great would it be for someone to draw their dreams for them and frame it and hang it on the wall to manifest to the world? Are there any universities or schools offering similar programs that you could draw for?

Public speakers

As a coach I need to use powerful Powerpoint presentations to get my message across and cartoons are a great way to do this. Consider looking for coaches, teachers, schools etc, who maybe looking for their own original content to use for their presentations. Cartoons really break the ice and make audiences laugh. Great for the presenter!

There are literally hundreds of ways to make money cartoon coloring and I hope that these few ways above have helped you to think about new opportunities. Choose one that appeals to you and if possible an area of business where not many people are competing against you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails