Popular

Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Pirates Band of Misfits Cartoon Animation 3D Wallpaper











The Pirates! is a series of five comedy books following a group of pirates on their adventures. It is written by British author Gideon Defoe and was published starting in 2004 by Weidenfeld & Nicolson. The fifth book The Pirates! in an Adventure with the Romantics is coming in 2012, and will be published by Bloomsbury Publishing. he Pirate Captain is vain, self-deluded and mostly incompetent as a pirate and as a sea captain, but he's ultimately kind-hearted and very much respected by his crew. He doesn't appear to possess any of the stereotypical pirate accoutrements, though he dresses in the traditional manner, and much is made of his luxuriant beard. He is said to have a "pleasant, open face", though he is quite successful at terrifying non-pirates.

In The Pirates! Band of Misfits, the luxuriantly bearded Pirate Captain is joined by a rag-tag crew. With seemingly blind to the impossible odds stacked against him, the Captain has one dream: to beat his bitter rivals Black Bellamy and Cutlass Liz to the much coveted Pirate Of The Year Award. It's a quest that takes our heroes from the shores of exotic Blood Island to the foggy streets of Victorian London. Along the way they do battle with the pirate-hating Queen Victoria and team up with a young Charles Darwin, but never lose sight of what a pirate loves best.

I thought this film was great and I certainly would have no objection if it won for Best Animated Feature. It did take us a few times to get through this but as a whole I thought it was funny and of course the animation is pretty impressive.

The story is basic but it’s still interesting and it made me laugh on more than one occasion. It’s a very happy movie and it definitely put me in a good mood, which is always a plus for any movie. The Pirates! Band of Misfits three times because I fell asleep twice while watching it. It’s not like it takes that much to make me sleepy, but I’m usually relatively engaged in movies unless I’m already pretty sleepy. But while I found the animation incredibly impressive, I guess this movie just sort of . . . bored me? 

Which I don’t really like admitting, because it’s not a bad movie. It has cute humor, a pretty original story, and, again, the stop-motion animation is pretty amazing. But I guess it just wasn’t my cup of tea. It doesn’t help that the pirates’ pet dodo bird, Polly, sort of reminded me of my cat Charlie, and since Polly was in peril for most of the movie, it kind of freaked me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails